Unfortunately not all of the best things in life are free, although we aim to keep our membership fees and costs as low as we reasonably can!
Initial joining fees:
Joining Fee (including Ocean Diver training materials, initial BSAC subscription and first month’s Club subscription) – £110
Deposit on Club equipment for Ocean Diver trainees (50% refundable, the other 50% is used for servicing costs) – £100
Medical (if required) – £15 – £50 approx
Monthly Club Subscriptions
Full Member (including BSAC subscriptions) – £16.00
Family Membership (two people living at the same address, including BSAC subscriptions) – £27.00
Associate Membership (your BSAC fees are being paid through a different club) – £10.00
Student in full time education (including BSAC subscription) – £10.00
What do I get for my monthly fee?
Full Training for Ocean Diver, Sports Diver and Dive Leader Qualifications
- Use of Club training equipment (until Ocean Diver qualification is completed)
- Use of pool on Thursday nights
- Use of Netherton Reservoir on Saturday Mornings
- Access to various items of Club equipment
- Monthly copy of SCUBA magazine
- Third party liability insurance cover
- Good fun!
A Training Pack containing:
- Sport Diving Manual
- Ocean Diver Student Work Book
- Qualification Record Book
- BSAC 88 Diving Tables
- Safe Diving Booklet
Once you’ve finished your training and you start to think about buying your own kit, it’s useful to know what sort of costs you can expect to incur.
It is worth bearing in mind that these prices should give you an idea of costs for entry level, recreational kit if you are buying items brand new. You can also pick up some good bargains second hand, but these are just an indication as prices can vary wildly!
- Mask and fins – you should already have these from your training, however if you do not, £50-£300
- BCD – £150-£600
- Dive Computer – £160-£1,200
- Regulators – £300-£800
- Tank – £140-£200
- Weights – £100 average, dependent on how much you need
- Drysuit – £400-£2,000
- Gloves and hood – £60-£150
- Undersuit – £100-£350
If in doubt just ask one of the other Club members, we’re all happy to share our knowledge, advice and experiences.