Unfortunately not all of the best things in life are free, although we aim to keep our membership fees and costs as low as we reasonably can! Here is the cost breakdown for already qualified divers.
Initial joining fees for already qualified divers:
Joining Fee (correct as of 25 Oct 2019 – includes BSAC crossover pack for your next qualification, first year’s British Sub Aqua Club (BSAC) subscription and first month’s Club subscription):
- Full Member: £123.52
- Joint member living at same address as a full member: £101.17
- Junior/Student in full-time education: £93.02
Please add £50 to the above joining fees if you need to borrow large items of kit from the Club during your crossover training, such as a BCD, regulators, drysuit and/or cylinder. This cost is to cover the servicing of such items. After initial training we expect divers to purchase their own kit. Members can borrow smaller items of kit from the Club on a dive-by-dive basis.
Please take off £45.52 from the above costs if you do not require a crossover training pack.
Medical (if required) – £15 – £50 approx
Monthly Club Subscriptions
- Full Member (including BSAC subscription) – £18
- Family Members (for people living at the same address, including BSAC subscriptions) – please contact the Membership Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Associate Membership (your BSAC fees are being paid through a different club) – £12
- Junior/Student in full-time education (including BSAC subscription) – £16
What do I get for my monthly fee?
- Full training for Ocean Diver, Sports Diver and Dive Leader BSAC Qualifications.
- Use of Club training equipment (until initial qualification is completed)
- Free use of swimming pool at Halesowen Leisure Centre on Thursday nights
- Free use of Netherton Reservoir on Saturday mornings
- Access to various items of Club equipment on short-term loan
- Monthly copy of the BSAC ‘SCUBA’ magazine
- Third party liability insurance cover
- Good fun!
To complement your crossover training you will receive a training pack containing:
- Student guide for theory sessions
- Dive manual appropriate for the level of qualification
- Qualification book
- Log book binder
If you have any queries regarding membership please contact Nicki Maglione, Members’ Representative: email@example.com