Diver Development and Mentoring
From progressive BSAC diver grade training programmes to one-off skills development courses, we tailor our training programmes to members’ needs, all delivered in a friendly, supportive and safe environment. The Clubhouse at Netherton Reservoir houses a classroom, which accommodates our non-water-based training.
Our Club’s qualified instructors, who give up their time free of charge (but never refuse a beer!), teach the following courses, conforming directly to the guidelines laid out by BSAC. Tuition is included in your membership fees and includes all necessary theory sessions.
- Ocean Diver
- Sports Diver
- Dive Leader
Initial scuba training takes place in the pool at Halesowen Leisure Centre. Students are given full instruction in the pool to familiarise themselves with the use of scuba equipment and safe diving practices, before progressing into open water at Netherton Reservoir.
We are also keen to expand our member’s skills by running one-off BSAC skills development courses at the Club. In recent months our members have taken part in:
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training
- Compressor operation training
These courses incur a one-off fee, but are well worth considering in order to expand your diving knowledge and skills beyond diver grade programmes. Fee is dependent on the course.
We also encourage our members to follow their personal diving interests and attend BSAC training sessions around the country.
Do I need my own equipment?
Scuba equipment, weight belt, cylinders, regulators and BC Jacket can be supplied by the club, (on receipt of a 50% returnable deposit of £100). This can be used until the student passes their first diving qualification Club Diver. Mask, fins and snorkel are usually considered to be more personal items, new members are usually expected to purchase their own up on joining the club (Cost £70 – £100).
The Nautilus Training Team
Our Diving Officer – Mark Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Smith – Open Water Instructor
- Graham Gibson – Open Water Instructor
- Steve Bradley – Advanced Instructor
- Mark Taylor – Assistant Diving Instructor
- Mike Bennett – Assistant Diving Instructor
- Mick Carter – Assistant Diving Instructor
- Bob Mayne – Open Water Instructor
- Mark Collins – Assistant Diving Instructor
- Ran Maglione – Assistant Open Water Instructor
- Matt Bird – Assistant Open Water Instructor
- Carl Speckner – Assistant Diving Instructor
If you are interested in any of the above training, or have any questions regarding training please contact Mark Smith, Training Officer, at email@example.com.